About The Basement Systems® Network
Aerial view of the Basement Systems® International Headquarters in Seymour, Connecticut
Basement Systems® Contractors
- Fair, Honest Pricing
- Prompt, Thorough, Courteous Service
- Experienced, Trained, Professional Staff
- Patented, Reliable, Innovative Products
- Fixing Wet Basements Since 1987
Largest Network of Certified Basement Waterproofing Contractors in the USA, Canada, and the United Kingdom
The Basement Systems® International Network is a gathering of more than 300 basement waterproofing and crawl space repair contractor companies all across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. In business since 1987, the network is headquartered in a 92,000 square foot facility located in Seymour, Connecticut.
Basement Systems® dealers are independently owned and operated local contractors, who work together with other dealers across the network to share their experience, practices, and product knowledge. Combined, we are a relentless pursuit of the most tried and true ways to waterproof basements and keep them dry all the time!
Award-Winning, Patented Products
Basement Systems® currently holds more than 30 patents on its innovative waterproofing products, with a full-time Research and Development department working every day to discover and design new and better basement waterproofing products. We have dozens of waterproofing products available to each of our dealers, with new ones being developed all the time.
Over the years, we have won more than 40 awards for quality and innovation in our industry. Additionally, our business practices and services have earned Basement Systems® an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our basement and crawl space systems have been installed in over 200,000 homes across the network, and they've proven the superior solution for waterproofing and moisture control.
Each of our products includes a written warranty, which is fully transferable to the next homeowner!
Charities, Associations, & Community Involvement In the Network
A Responsible, Community-Driven Network
Basement Systems® encourages its dealers to be an active, contributing member to the local community and to treat their employees well. We were recognized as one of the Top 10 "Best Places to Work in Connecticut" in 2006, and with over 100 employees, we've had no worker's compensation claims since 1995.
Our employees commonly stay with us for five, ten, fifteen, twenty years or more -- because they love working with us!
This means that we have the experienced, professional, highly trained staff that you need to bring the best to you and your home. We set an example for our dealers through our continuous involvement with the local community, local charities, and by making our building, facility, and equipment available for local events and fundraisers.
Active Participation in United Way
Along with being recognized with the United Way Community Support Award every year since 2005, we have also received the following awards from the United Way:
2009 - Corporate Community Excellence in Leadership Award, Top Dollars Raised
2010 - Top Dollars Raised
Acclaimed by the Better Business Bureau
Basement Systems®, Inc. has won multiple awards with the Better Business Bureau, including the following:
1999 - Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics
2000 - Consumer Education Award, Business Integrity Award
2002 - Consumer Education Award, Quality Award
2003 - Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics
2004 - Consumer Education Award
2005 - Site Marketing Award
2007 - Site Marketing Award, Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics
We have been a BBB Accredited Business since 1987.
Your International Waterproofing Contractor Network
Our 2009 Annual Convention, with waterproofing contractors attending the Bushnell in Hartford, CT.
Our surprise keynote speaker in 2009 was Nick Vujicic.
Basement Systems® provides continuing training classes and workshops for our dealers, in session all year long in our international headquarters in Seymour, CT. Each year, hundreds of contractors and company owners visit our facility to keep up to date on installation and service techniques as well as to hone their skills in the office.
Each year, Basement Systems® holds an annual convention, where hundreds of contractors visit Basement Systems® for training, networking, and events. Vendors meet to educate contractors on new products and services, and Basement Systems® reveals many new product releases.
During our annual convention, we also bring in a guest speaker, with past speakers including astronaut Jerry Linenger, former NBA basketball player Walter Bond, and motivational speakers Nick Vujicic, Les Brown, and Brian Tracy. Each convention includes a new surprise for dealers!
If you're looking for a responsible contractor who has the services, training, and experience you need to dry your basement or crawl space, we're the waterproofers for you!
Basement Systems® in the News
- That Certain Something: The World's Most Influential Entrepreneurs -- Larry Janesky, President of Basement Systems®, Inc., is listed in Inc. Magazine as one of the world's most influential entrepreneurs in the last 30 years. Other entrepreneurs mentioned included Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs.
- How One Entrepreneur Grew Sales to $50 Million in a Mundane Industry -- Larry makes headlines in Small Business Trends in 2009, providing sound business advice to up and coming entrepreneurs while sharing his own story.
- Seymour Company's "TreeHouse" Makes Workspace Fun -- Basement Systems® remodeled its marketing department in 2008 to a unique "TreeHouse" design to create a fun, innovative, and award-winning office space.
- Branching Out: Seymour Brings Outdoors in With TreeHouse Design -- Basement Systems® expands its office with an innovative TreeHouse workspace to make room for its thriving Internet department.
- Some Businesses Thriving Despite Bad Economy -- Despite a harsh economic environment, Basement Systems®, as well as a select few other companies, were featured as leaders as growing businesses.
- Seymour Company Embraces "Green" Business Practice -- Basement Systems® installs a state-of-the-art "green" solar panel system on their roof, saving them as much as $82,000 in electricity savings over the next 30 years.
- Basement Systems® Moves Up to Solar -- Basement Systems® installs 660 solar panels on the roof of their building, making it one of the 10 largest solar installations in the state.
- Fast-Growing State Tech Firms Honored-- Basement Systems® won an award in 2008 as one of Connecticut's top 40 fastest-growing technology firms, in the energy-environmental technology companies category.
- Basement Systems® Tops Service List -- Basement Systems® wins the coveted Angie's List Super Service Award for customer service in 2009, an award awarded to fewer than 5% of companies on Angie's List.
- 2009 Toys for Tots Events [PDF] -- Basement Systems® held a four-day toy drive at the local Derby Wal-Mart store to supplement their internal company-wide toy drive.
- Basement Systems® Awarded With Gold -- Basement Systems® was awarded with two gold and one silver CQIA Innovation Prizes, a nonprofit trade organization, during the 2009 awards ceremony.
- Another Success for Relay for Life -- Relay for Life's 2008 fundraiser brought in more than $150,000, with donations coming, in part, from Basement Systems® and its employees.
- Regional JA Recognizes Valley Students -- Basement Systems® sponsors the Junior Achievement of Western Connecticut and honors the accomplishments of several students at a recent Spirit of Achievement breakfast.
- Audience Gets Lessons in Positive Thinking -- Motivational Speaker Joy Baldridge addresses the Valley United Way and other guests at the Basement Systems® Corporate Headquarters.
- Hospital Donates Food at Worker's Urging -- Basement Systems® provides its facility and manpower as a distribution point for donated food being distributed to a variety of homeless shelters.
- Seymour Company to Mark Expansion -- Basement Systems® opens its new 59,000 square foot addition in 2008 and is growing despite a slow economy.
- Area Economy Continues to Improve at Measured Pace -- Basement Systems® bucks a flagging economy by hiring more than 30 new employees in the last year and a half.
- Industrial Park in Seymour Keeps Growing -- To make room for continuing growth, Basement Systems® purchases seven more acres of land.
- State Tech Council Honors Top 40 -- Basement Systems® is one of 13 local companies to be honored as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the state.
- Basement Systems® Wins Ethics Award -- A BBB ethics award was granted to Basement Systems® to recognize their high standards of behavior towards customers, employees, suppliers, and the community.
- Valley Chamber to Hold '60s Expo -- The local Valley Business Expo will be hosted at the Basement Systems® facility, with a 1960's-themed business-to-business tabletop approach.
- 52 State Companies Lauded for Innovation -- Basement Systems® was one of 52 companies to win awards recognizing their innovation, dedication, and technology sophistication in 2003.
- 4 Area Businesses Receive BBB Awards -- The Better Business Bureau awards Basement Systems® with the Excellence in Consumer Education Award in 2002.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.